Who are You to Your Tiger?
Harish, a mentor from FCUK, posed this question when I was maybe 23. As an aspiring entrepreneur the question blew my mind. I think of it often even today. Harish spoke in forked tongue. He said very little and left you doing all the work. That was his magic. What did he mean? He spoke in riddles, rhymes, stories and metaphors. Harish inspired me.
Who is my Tiger and what’s my role in connection to the Tiger?
How you frame yourself and your offering determines your ability to succeed. It determines how you tell your story, who you connect with and why they care. Hierarchies rule the universe. Who’s lunch are you eating. Who’s eyeing you for supper? These are serious questions. Are you the Tiger, the Hunter or the Flea? Are you the Tiger’s lunch? Are you the Ring Master?
Or to take a fresh spin, “What are you to Tiger Woods?”
- Are you Tiger’s Clubs, Shoes, Cart or Clothing Brand?
- Are you Tiger’s Caddy, his Competitor or his Teammate?
- Are you Tiger’s former Sponsor or his new Sponsor?
- Are you Tiger’s Fan , Photographer or the Paparazzi?
- Are you Tiger’s PR Coach or his Business Manager?
- Are you Tiger’s Neighbor or his Butler?
- Is Tiger your Idol? Or does Tiger follow you?
Perspective permits you to see yourself in fresh ways. Perspective opens and closes doors.
By thinking of your role and those who also interact with your Tiger, you can often find new angles, new connections, new collaborations. Perspective and framing are everything to the entrepreneur.
Good entrepreneurs ask great questions. Great entrepreneurs adapt to the answers rather than defend their stance. Winners adapt to changing market conditions and context.
How about you? Who’s your Tiger? Who are You to Your Tiger?
Image Credit: stickergiant